Sunday, March 05, 2006

Insect- Dragonfly- My Favourites!


"Insecticide" happens on many levels as Steve and Billy demonstrate here. Not something I condone...yet, nonetheless...it happens!
O.K. This was the third idea that I had for "Insect," much along the same lines as the second. I still have a couple others..I'm not sure if I will post them. This topic really has me going.
I have a new method now. Graphite sketch, copy over in ink simplisticly so colouring on computer will adhere to edges. Print in colour then add detail in coloured pencil and more ink. Any suggestions will be helpful.
I have a Wacom (9x11) but no programme to go with it so it collects dust in my studio at the moment. My birthday is coming so I hope the birthday fairy remembers I need a programme! LOL!!
My nephews send many pictures that they drew I have to work on scanning them in...please be sure to stop by and post some words of encouragement! (See my profile for their blogs.)

"It's true Harold bugged everyone but no one expected Arthur to snap one day and take matters into his own hands. Yes, this was a clear case of...INSECTICIDE!"
O.K. This is old, and I am still working on the new piece for this week's entry...however, I saw a piece on Sharon Colman and her Oscar nominated short called "Badgered" and thought it was more important to post something so I could get the word out about this teriffic artist!

23 comments:

Zórdís said...

What a perfect entry for this illo. Couldn´t be more right! Cool logo!

The Unknown said...

Love the illo.
love

Linda said...

Dito! Beautiful and perfect

Caroline said...

the first is funny and the second maybe old but it beautiful and appropriate! It reminds me of stained glass.

Amy Zaleski said...

Very funny...that darn Harold. I always liked this second image that you posted. Beautiful colors and symmetry!

Unknown said...

nice illo!

carla said...

You ended up with three things! Good for you:> I like them all, but your gorgeous avatar is by far my fave.

alex said...

Great take on this subject! I remember kids burning ants with magnifying glasses when I was a kid. Do they still go outside? :-)

Wonderful illos, and I do so love the dragonfly.

Todd DeWolf said...

Ahh yes- bug season is so close. I like the disaproving sun. Really great stuff.

TXArtcGal said...

Funny insect images...you are very clever! and...your stained-glass dragon fly avatar has always been beautiful!

Lily and Lucy White said...

Another great illustration, and I love your avatar. Great to see it up close. Lily.

FoodChiCa said...

Hehe, cute illustrations! I like dragonflies, too! :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very cool!!! And important. I've wriiten about this too and I'm glad you have. Thank you! Mary :-)

steve said...

Those nasty boys! Oh well, it's not like we have a shortage of insects on our planet (or nasty kids come to think of it). Anyhow, great stuff!

Kim de Young said...

my little brother was at war with ants, he spent hours with a spray bottle filled with water and dishsoap taking out the little guys... hmmm. boys. nice take on the topic

Ian T. said...

Thanks, I've been looking for Badgered as badgers are my favourite animal! Those first two insect pictures are pretty savage :). It's made up for my the beauty of the third though - has this been made up as a stained-glass window? It should be!

When's your birthday (no, I'm not sending software, but mine is soon as well)...

Anette Heiberg said...

Nice! The Harold and Arthur illustration is my favorite - so funny. I like the look of the characters.
www.wynlen.no

Christine Lim said...

LOL! love them!

Nina said...

The colors on your avatar are well chosen. It is quite beautiful.wsjpa

Kelli Jensen said...

Your avatar definetly stands out and is very memorable. It's nice to see it up close, nice textures. Your other illos are great, I love the humor

Digitalgran said...

Hi Ellen. I love the bottom one so much.

Paul said...

Beautify dragon fly. Love the colors!

Unknown said...

harold & arthur is hysterical!

About Me

My photo
Delaware, United States
I'm a professional artist, a wife, a step-mother, grand-mother, friend, Ms. Fix-it, older sister and a daughter. A regular "person in progress!" Oh yah, and I draw alot! Copyright 2010-2012.

Blog Archive